LOGO
1492 North Main Street
Wheaton, Illinois 60187



About Milton Township

Milton Township as an extension of Salvation Army helps families in need by providing essentials to neighbors in Wheaton & Glen Ellyn through this registry:





https://www.walmart.com/registry/registryforgood/497ac6d5-ecfe-4ba9-8720-1ba19b5a2c2d/view

Did you happen to know that township government, established in 1636, is the oldest existing unity of government in North America?

As it now exists in DuPage County, township government has evolved from its original structure, transplanted by the New England settlers who began arriving in the 1830s. On February 28, 1839, DuPage County was separated from Cook County and established as a separate county having an area of 332.1 square miles. Originally divided by voting precincts, the County was later organized into nine townships in 1850. Milton is comprised of the City of Wheaton, the Village of Glen Ellyn, a portion of Carol Stream south of North Avenue, and portions of Downers Grove, Glendale Heights, Lisle, Lombard, Naperville and Winfield.

Milton elected officials and staff are able to determine the needs of our residents and prioritize our offerings to meet them in an efficient and cost-effective manner.